Almost everyone nowadays uses Google to get answers. The majority of consumers use Google to discover a company and Google Maps to get directions. As a result, it’s only natural that you begin your marketing efforts by learning how to get your business listed on Google and Google Maps. Here’s how to do it:
What is Google My Business, and how does it work?
Google My Company (GMB) is a free Google product that lets you build, publish, and maintain a business profile and promote it online. You may change the appearance of your business, personal profile, or organisation on Google using GMB.
What Is the Process for Getting My Business Listed on Google Maps?
Simply follow the instructions below to add your business to Google Maps or Google My Business:
- Sign up for a Google account at business.google.com. You may build a searchable web profile for your firm by clicking the blue “Sign in” icon in the upper-right corner. You’ll need to create a Google account if your company doesn’t already have one. Google recommends using your company’s email domain when logging in.
- Click Next once you’ve typed in your company name. By filling in your entire name, you may also build a business page for yourself. If your business doesn’t currently have an entry, you can add one by selecting the “Create a business with this name” link just below the search field.
- If you want your company location to display on Google, select “Yes.” Choose No if you work from home or don’t want everyone to know your address.
- Then, after entering all of the locations that your company services, click Next. If you just conduct deliveries in New York City, for example, just enter in New York City. If your company has many locations, you’ll need to fill out all of them.
- After that, type in your company category and click Next.
- Give your company’s main phone number and website. Click Get a free website based on your information if you don’t already have one. Based on the information you’ve supplied, Google My Business will build one for you. Next should be selected. If you want to learn how to boost your internet company profile, select Yes. The advice will be sent to the Gmail account associated with your Google My Business account.
- Finish by clicking the Finish button. You’ll get a notification indicating you’re almost done, as well as a list of GMB features that will help you maintain your company profile. Next should be selected.
- To validate your business, enter your address. A postcard will be sent to your company address by Google. To do so, go to Mail. Click Later if you want to double-check it later. A pop-up message will appear, welcome you to your Google My Business dashboard. After clicking Get Started, you can begin managing your company listing.
- Log into your Google My Business page and choose Manage Locations once you’ve received Google’s postcard. This may be found in the left sidebar menu.
- After that, click Verify code.
- Click Verify after entering the verification code. This is the verification code you’ll get along with your postcard.
You may then completely manage your company listing on the GMB dashboard once it has been confirmed.