Want more views on Youtube? Of course, you do. You’re a human with a pulse and a video to share! It’s only natural.
YouTube is the world’s second most visited website or platform. Two billion people use it monthly — that’s one-third of all internet users. 74% of adults within the U.S. are watching videos there. (We could continue, but you’ll read all the newest YouTube stats on your own time.)
We’ve compiled this guide to point out all the easy wins that will amplify your brand’s message on YouTube, but we’re also going to detail some of the more advanced techniques the pros use to get more YouTube views.
9 Ways to get more views on youtube
1. Ensure your YouTube basics are up to extinguish
The basic of YouTube include:
- A consistent visual identity (your channel icon, YouTube channel art, etc.)
- A completed and informative About section
- Up-to-date contact information (so all your potential customers and future brand partners can get in touch)
2. Zero in on your specific niche (and your ideal audience)
If you want to optimize your YouTube marketing strategy, you want to get precise and ruthlessly selective about your goals and the content that will get you there.
Because you aren’t making videos for everyone. You’re here for someone special: your audience.
3. Do your research, and improve your video’s search ranking
YouTube is a social platform, but it’s also a search engine. And one of the top strategies for getting more views is YouTube SEO, i.e. optimizing your videos for search.
In other words, when your ideal viewer types in your chosen keywords, you want your video ranking near the top of YouTube’s results list. That means you need to know what your audience is looking for tutorials, inspiration, or entertainment.
4. Use metadata to get recommended after a popular video
If your want to get more YouTube views, take a cue from the most popular videos in your niche.
Start by taking a look at your top competitor’s most popular video. (Go to their video library and sort by “most popular.”)
YouTube’s main goal is to keep viewers on the platform for as long as possible (so that they’ll see as many ads as possible.) The algorithm of youtube takes the following into consideration:
- Videos that are often watched together
- Videos the user has watched in the past
- Topically related videos (which requires some keyword finessing!)
The only point you can control here is the third.
So when you’re choosing keywords, think like a librarian. Describe your video’s topic and describe its overall category, and think of other words a person might use to search for that topic.
5. Increase your views with custom thumbnails
When your potential viewers are in discovery mode skimming through search results and recommendations thumbnails are a major part of what they decide what to watch.
6. Multiply your views by creating playlists
Organizing and creating video playlists on YouTube is the best way to minimize the chances that a viewer will move on to another channel once they’ve consumed your content.
Why? Because playlists go by the same rules as Netflix: as soon as one video ends, the next begins.
7. Direct traffic to your videos using cards and end screens
Besides playlists, cards and end screens are two of the only tools that YouTubers can use to bypass the algorithm and directly influence our audience’s next choice.
8. Promote your YouTube videos across all your social media channels
If you want to get more views on youtube then Promote your Videos across all you social media channels.
9. Post your video at the right time
Dropping your video at the exact moment your biggest audience of subscribers is online means that they’ll all receive your“new post” alert right when it goes live.