Use convertjpg.io JPG to PNG converter to convert your JPG image files into a PNG file format. Convert JPG to PNG in a few seconds using Convert JPG’s online converter. The quality of your JPG file will stay as it was before.
What is PNG and for what purpose PNG is used?
A PNG (Portable Network Graphic) is a raster graphics file format that supports lossless data compression. It was developed as an improved, non-patented replacement for Graphics Interchange Format (GIF). A Portable Network Graphic, or PNG, is an image file type used to offer clear background or a partially transparent image and is therefore used primarily for web designing.
What is JPG/JPEG?
A JPG, also known as JPEG, is the most popular digital format for photographic image files. JPEG is an initialism for the Joint Photographic Experts Group, which first introduced this standard for digital photography in 1992. Most often you will see a digital file represented.
How to convert JPG to PNG using a tool?
Follow these steps to convert a JPG image to a PNG file format:
- Upload JPG file (s).
- You can select your files from Computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, URL, or by dragging it on the page.
- Choose “to png” or you can choose any other format.
- Click “Download converted Image”
By following these steps you will be able to convert your JPG images file to PNG.
You can also follow these steps to convert JPG to PNG:
- To transfer a JPG file, you will merely drag and drop files into the JPG convert PNG box to start to convert from the JPG image to a PNG format.
- Download or send a link by email. Once your JPG pictures are uploaded, This tool can begin to convert the file to PNG format.
How can we make a PNG in Photoshop CC?
To make a PNG in Photoshop CC follow these steps:
- Click the Opacity menu within the Layers panel and select a proportion below 100%.
- The lower you go, the clear images will be.
- Click the file on the top menu and select Save As
and choose PNG from the menu.
- You currently have a new clear/transparent image.
How to convert JPG to PNG on mac?
Open file document in preview, select Export from the File menu and specify PNG as a format. If the files are in iPhoto, you will be able to choose Export File then export them as PNG. By following this you can convert your JPG images file to PNG.
The easiest way to convert a JPG to PNG on a Windows Computer:
If you are using a Windows computer, automatically you have a tool for converting JPG files to PNG. Microsoft Paint comes already installed on Windows Computer, by using it you can easily convert your JPG images file to PNG very fast.
Follow these steps to convert JPG to PNG on Windows Computer:
- Choose the file you want to convert from JPG to PNG on MS Paint and then select File on the left top corner.
- In the menu which will appear, move your cursor to Save As and choose PNG from the Menu that appears.
- In the dialogue box, select a location where you will save your file and give it a name that will help you find it more quickly.
JPG v/s PNG Images
PNG (Portable Network Graphic) is lossless, so they do not lose quality. They also have a transparent quality. JPG (Joint Photographic Group) images are lossy, which means that the images are saved each time but you lose a little bit of quality. So, sometimes a PNG format is better, it depends on how you are going to use the images.